Audience is paramount in writing. I work with academic institutions and organizations to craft engaging, evergreen content in a tone that resonates with readers. I also offer research assistance to facilitate project completion as needed.
Because I believe collaboration is essential to high-quality output, I communicate regularly with clients to develop articles that suit their needs and mission.
Clear, informed writing for academic audiences
I aim to provide concise pieces that speak directly to readers. I am open to writing in diverse academic disciplines and am most familiar with the social sciences. My writing style can be adapted to fit project parameters, although I generally maintain an inviting, natural tone with varied syntax.
To ensure my planning, research, and writing time are spent effectively, I discuss the following with clients when considering a writing project.
- Project description and scope (What are we working on, and what do you need from me?)
- Objectives (What is the purpose and goal of the piece?)
- Audience, style, and tone (To whom are we speaking—and how?)
- Constraints (e.g., word count/page limit)
- Draft deadline (When should the initial draft be completed?)
- Final deadline (When should the piece be finalized/When are we going to print?)
- Budget (Do you have funding for a certain hourly rate/number of hours, or is your budget flexible?)
All projects include email and voice support during business hours (Monday–Friday).
Writing and research services are billed hourly.
I am available for individual projects and long-term/contract arrangements. Clients are encouraged to schedule projects with me in advance when possible. Please contact me to discuss your needs.