Audience is paramount in writing. I work with academic institutions to craft engaging, evergreen content in a tone that resonates with readers. Because I believe collaboration is essential to high-quality output, I communicate regularly with clients to develop articles that suit their needs and mission.
Clear, informed writing for academic audiences
I aim to provide concise pieces that speak directly to readers. I am open to writing in diverse academic disciplines and am most familiar with the social sciences. My writing style can be adapted to fit project parameters, although I generally maintain an inviting, natural tone with varied syntax.
To ensure my planning and writing time is spent effectively, I discuss the following with clients when considering a project:
- project description and scope (what are we working on, and what do you need from me?)
- objectives (what is the purpose and goal of the piece?)
- audience, style, and tone (to whom are we speaking–and how?)
- constraints (e.g., word count/page limit)
- draft deadline (when should the initial draft be completed?)
- final deadline (when should the piece be finalized/when are we going to print?)
- budget (do you have funding for a certain hourly rate/number of hours, or is your budget flexible?)
Copywriting is billed hourly and typically begins at $75/hour depending on the scope of work and deadline. I am available for individual projects and long-term/contract arrangements.
Please contact me to discuss your needs.